The Second Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orcs of the Derniad and the Wildderkin

Go down

Orcs of the Derniad and the Wildderkin Empty Orcs of the Derniad and the Wildderkin

Post  Zage Wavemourn Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:08 am

Alot has been said about the Orcs, not alot of it pleasent or in good humour for the people of Norse-Fend of course have famous history with their wars and constant battles against the Trolls and Orcs of the Derniad Mountain country.
The stories tell of Orcs being savage creatures murdering for sport and pillaging all the towns they can find, taking slaves and bringing them back to the homeland to mine and build weapons or armour.
But alot of this isn't true, while tribes of Wildderkin Orcs may be active in blood sport and terrible savagery the same is definetly not true about the Orc Kingdom of the Derniad Expanse.
I spent some time among the great Khan Chodrai Kunguri a few years ago learning of his people and their innovative way's, the orcs of the Derniad live in great cities made entirely of Wood saving their stone for roads and wall's. Which is strange since they live in a Mountain area where stone comes in abundance, how ever they follow the same Stone worship as the Dwarves of the Westlands seeing the Stone as Gaias skin and to be used with great care.
The Derniadian Orcs view Gaia as their revered mother and are often extremely Zealous, of course the tales of Orc's who have humans living among them are famous. However.. Humans of small Barbarian tribes to live hand in hand with Dernadian Orc's in abundance they are definently not Thralls infact in my travels I even came apon a village where the Chieftain was a Human who had gotten his position through democratic means.
Of course the rumours of the Orcs being savage warriors and fiercly proud of their homeland are 100% true and I do not doubt for a second a history of war has existed between our two great Lands.
How ever the Wildderkin are different the Wildderkin are not organised or civilised like the Derniadians and live in squabbles and nomadic tent villages often hunting for sport. So if you come apon them run and be cautious.

Orcs of the Derniad and the Wildderkin Orc_gr10
Zage Wavemourn
Zage Wavemourn

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum