The Second Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sedgwed Dysdenath (The Lucky)

Go down

Sedgwed Dysdenath (The Lucky)  Empty Sedgwed Dysdenath (The Lucky)

Post  Allanon Creel Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:03 am

Character Name:
Sedgwed Dysdenath

Character Alignment:
Neutral

Desired Elemental Affinity:
Earth

Place of birth/Origin:
A small village on the outskirts of the Chavlarus mountains

Starting Inventory:
Family Spear, leather armor, Chef's apron

Appearance:
Sedgwed has nothing to distinguish himself from any other commoner, but for his eyes; they are the eyes of one waiting for death, haunted by his fame and long resigned to the futility that no one would ever understand he was just fortunate. Almost all of those who've stared into those eyes too long have sealed their fates.

Sedgwed Dysdenath (The Lucky)  Soldie10

Combat styling:
Having been raised by dwarves, Sedgwed is a sub-par in fighting opponents using axes, pole-arms and spears, despite 21 years in The King's Army regiment, (TKAR). To those who know little of Sed, it is a wonder how he has lived so long in the dwarven conflicts, yet to those who have faught beside or against him, his name in combat inflicts hope and fear- Sedgwed the Lucky.

Character Personality:
Sedgwed considered a modest fellow, the man who is caught ducking his head at bars to not attract too much attention for his special magic, which he firmly denies exists, stating he's just incredibly lucky. It is due to phrases like this that he is also seen as a bit of a comedian, insisting the mad witches who claim that through thorough examination they found no traces of magic in his being were correct. It is said he has quite a way with women, causing quite the ruckus in the bedchambers, though he has tried to suppress the rumors, stating he has a wife he is devoted to. Only the most wise and cunning could tell that Sedgwed hasn't retired not out of patriotism, but out of the desire to meet his end at the hands of a sword, or bow, to simply quiet the fanatics believing him a mage.

Background Info:
Sedgwed was born the son of two dwarves, yet the size of an average human, with absolutely nothing dwarven about him. Doctors said that the fact that he had managed to even exit the womb was a miracle, and what was even more astonishing was that his mother had not died in childbirth. He lived his early years normally, with the odd fluke gaining him some praise from his parents in his small village, when one at the age of 16, day he'd accidentally found his family's long lost spear, embedded to the hilt in a tree in a forest nearby, looking for bird feathers to fletch arrows, as he planned on becoming one of the greatest fletchers Darasum had ever known. His father, tears in his eyes pronounced his son Sedgwed the fortunate, and gave him the family weapon to join the military at the young age of 16, against his protests, that his father took as modesty, as it was a great honour for most boys to join the fight against the Raveneye Clan. He never complained about being there, however, as he had the pragmatic demeanor that he has always carried with him in the Warsong Clan- If he did what was required, and didn't over-apply himself, he could possibly ask for excusal and start his fletching career right at the place he'd see the most opportunity to prove himself. Fortunately, or unfortunately for Sedg, the food the recruitment group had eaten the night prior had not been properly cooked, so most of the boys were sick, yet Sedg was unaffected. So when faced up with the best fighter out of all of his group, Sedgwed was able to defeat on two accounts; the boy, who had not wanted to waste the opportunity to beat such an easy opponent, and to embarrass the giant among the entire force, had been sick and reckless, not attacking with proper presses. Second- Sedg was by this time 6'1, whereas the boy was about 4'1, so he was able to whack at the boy without being reached, and when the lad had managed to close the distance, he could shove him away and hit the sick dwarf with his stick until the boy yielded to Sedgwed. This kind of luck progressed as Sedgwed grew up in the Warsong army, gaining renown for feats such as his heroic one-man stand against an attack on his camp in a mountain pass. He was alone, and didn't want to share the glory of the fight with his allies, roared so loudly he caused an avalanche, though the area he was defending at the time hadn't seen an avalanche in 226 years, halting the advancing party in its tracks, killing all but two, who spread the word of Sedgewed's ability to control the mountains. His allies, woken by the ruckus, only saw Sedgwed running towards them, sword held high, as snow tumbled down upon their enemies, staring at him like a god. Though his recounting was that he had screamed like a virgin girl, and it happened that the snow was most likely going to fall anyways, and that he was running back like that in cowardice, not glory, and his legacy grew. At the age of 24, Sedgwed's fame skyrocketed, where he was engaged in a heated battle, when two frost dragons descended upon the noisy combat, wreaking havoc. Sedgwed was taken in the talons of a dragon, and his clan watched as a war hero was swooped away by something they hadn't ever seen, but had only heard of. Sedgwed was taken to a mountain over looking the battle, and when dropped in the den, with the dragon's eggs formulated a plan. He drew his two axes, and began a tricky descent down, barely avoiding falling yet each time before he lost his balance, large gusts of wind would press him hard up against the rock once more. By and by, he made it down, exhausted, to the enraged cries of a dragon, yet managed to get relatively close to where he thought was his camp, though he had not seen the two enraged dragons trailing him a ways off . He had taken a wrong route back, and walked straight to the enemy Raveneye camp, where he was taken prisoner, but moments before his execution, the dragons swooped down in all their wrath, freezing many, savaging all others they saw in their way. In all of this, Sedgwed the Lucky managed to sneak out, this time without any trailing his progress back to his camp, where the mourning Clan had been somewhat mollified of their hero's death by the destruction of their enemy at the hands of the dragons. But upon seeing the giant walk amongst them, the word around the camp was as expected, 'Sedgwed had formed an allegiance with the Dragons to destroy their hated enemy. A year later, Sedg was made an official Paragon of the Warsong Clan, yet he still can be seen on the front lines, heroically tripping out of the way of axes, stabbing the wrong man and saving an ally's life day in and day out. He was offered to become a General, yet he refused the honour, wanting to stay on the front lines. Some say it's out of a wish to die, others claim he acknowledges that his appearance really does shift the tide of battles. Sedgwed,.. Sedgwed only wishes people would stop talking about him.

RP sample:
Sedg knew he was in trouble when he'd been ambushed and knocked out, to wake in the middle of what looked to be some foreign field, possibly some place in Axony. He scanned the area around him, though a soar pain in his skull where he'd been hit, and saw a man walking up to him with 5 goblets he'd only heard of in stories as a child. Before him was the fabled Krath Meinroth, Darasum's most accomplished assassin, an immortal who was said to have travelled to different dimensions and to have returned with his sanity. The legend was known for his death games, especially the 5 cups of poison game he was so famous for. "It is both a pleasure and...might I say, misfortunate-" Meinroth grinned at his comment, "-that I have been hired by some Very wealthy contractors who would like to see you removed from your people's side. I assume you know who I am and how this will play out?" Krath inquired, smiling. "I have heard of you, I know how your games work and I also know that if I chose correctly, and you die, I am to be set free to return to my people. I must also add that should at any time wish to just reach over the table and stab me, I would not mind, as I have little to worry about." replied Sedgwed, distracted. Krath pondered the deeper implications of what Sedg had said for what seemed to be a long time before answering, "Your mind-game will not work here, Paragon. I will not kill you outright. as that would defeat the purpose of my games, which I have obviously never lost in, and have won against over a thousand others. You will lose, as I have carefully devised a method that will fool you into choosing the wrong-" "This one." He said pointing to the cup directly infront of him. Krath looked shocked, and frowned in confusion at the blank faced people's champion. "But you didn't even consider the possible methods of deception I employed! It once took one of the most intelligent mortal men in history a whole turn of the moon to decide!! He pondered during the day, and while he slept, in his dreams he grasped for any idea as to how to out-smart me, and you're choosing in a matter of seconds?!" Sedg was taken back to focus from by the immortal's sudden fury, yet would not change his mind. "Look,...Krath, I get you expect me to think on things and all, but if I'm going to get the wrong answer anyways, I might as well get it over with. Or.. you could just kill me..?" Meinroth bolted upright in black fury, " YOU DARE INSULT MY INTELLIGENCE?" He lifted Sedg by his neck, partially cutting of the air passages, and whispered in barely restrained rage, "Tell me again, which would you like? Or will you come to your senses, and thin--" Sedgwed feebly pointed to the first cup again, " Tha--that one... I.. I stikk- to that.." He was dropped onto the ground, gasping for air, and as he recuperated, he heard Krath sigh. " Very well, I'll let you die now, you were a waste of my time anyways, Dragon-whisperer. I'm sure there'll be another of your legacy another millennia." He grabbed a goblet for himself, and gave Sedg his chosen goblet. "A toast. To wasted talent." Krath said, smiling maliciously. "To the best way to die,- to a villain I'd only heard of in stories" Sedg managed- and they both drank at the same time. Almost instantly the immortal's smile faltered, his face turned a dark blue, confusion plainly written on his face, as he whispered his last sentence, " I cede to you, lord Sedgwed Dysdenath... Lord of Chance.. Men- tell this tale with pure honesty, and remember this day.." He dropped dead, blood flowing from his dead corpse, his insides burned by the acidic poison. The henchmen left, and only Sedgwed was left, a single tear running from an eye. He dropped to his knees, staring up at the sky, fists made and held up to the stars, and his cry of anguish was heard as one of triumph for miles, a sound that those who heard it, never forgot.
Allanon Creel
Allanon Creel

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum