The Second Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mirror, mirror...

2 posters

Go down

Mirror, mirror... Empty Mirror, mirror...

Post  Gladyrielle Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:48 am

Gladyrielle felt that familiar pull, someone from the mortal world calling her away. She sighed, knowing it was useless to resist. The tug grew stronger, and she grumbled to herself. "Oh, alright already! I'm coming..."
Relaxing, she felt her essence slipping between the barriers of worlds, like flood water through cracks in a wall. This only took a few seconds, but she had enough time to ponder what she'd appear as, in the other realm.
Something ugly, she decided, as she started to form in the spot where she had been summoned.
Something nasty.
Something terrifying.
She turned into a mirror.

---

Suddenly, the mirror shattered, gilded glass flying everywhere in surprise. None of it hit her taskmaster, of course- but it came awfully close. The mirror reformed as a very shocked blue- skinned girl, gaping at the one who summoned her.
This was not someone she had expected.
Gladyrielle
Gladyrielle

Back to top Go down

Mirror, mirror... Empty Re: Mirror, mirror...

Post  Allanon Creel Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:39 pm

So you were correct about believing the man's words, we've found the tomb and we've seen it; but I doubt the rest of what he said. How do you know he didn't give you a wrong name, if one at all? "Brother, brother! Please, I am in such a dandy mood this fine afternoon, let not thy dark mood get in the way of a little fun- if we do face some angered demon, bah you could scold him back to his realm. Now, if you'll give a moment of silence." Brys said, mouth twitching in a smirk, yet as he was about to mis-pronounce the name Rhulad, in his brother's stead, hastily spoke first "Gladyrielle, you have been summoned."

Nothing occurred, yet Brys had an idea, "AHEM. GL-ADY-RIELLE, if this be your name, get on out here will you?" He called, and in response a mirror appeared out of thin air. Brys, a moderately narcissistic fellow walked over to inspect his reflection when the mirror exploded outwards, shards nearly slicing his neck and hands, "Well that was rude, I hadn't even been given a full view of my mask!" He exclaimed, as the woman simply stared.

Get your weapon ready, just in case- you may have angered her-it..her. Relax, brother, by the perplexed look on her face I'd say she'd either had a turbulent ride or she'd seen the wrath of Thys the famer, back in-- I remember, we see the same things. He could sense his brother's palming of face and frowned inwardly, figuratively at it. You know, that's a very rude habbit you have of showing your frustration.
Allanon Creel
Allanon Creel

Back to top Go down

Post  Gladyrielle Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:05 am

For a moment, Gladyrielle just stared at him -or...them?-, arguing back and fourth. They barely seemed to notice her, as they- him- whatever was speaking- She wasn't sure- blabbered on. 'It' didn't seem to be listening very well, but the whole interaction was quite confusing.
Blinking, she stepped closer. "You." She said, attempting to address the one who spoke less, "Who are you?"
Looking around, she tried to get her bearings. Behind her stood some sort of old ruins, perhaps an ancient burial site... A temple for worshipping moss-covered stones?... A broken- down lavatory chamber? She really couldn't care less. Beyond the stones, forest stretched out around them and above them, a bushy crown above their heads. Specks of sunlight filtered down, illuminating small patches of the dark ground.
The man before looked pretty normal, your average hunter-hero with a heart full of ego and most likely no brains. Didn't even look like the type to summon a djinni, especially one of her power. But hey, looks can be deceiving.
Sighing as she waited for a reply, she sat down on one of the nearby logs, crossing her leg and growing a mustache out of boredom. There was nothing else to do, why not? Hopefully 'it' would let her go soon enough.

Gladyrielle
Gladyrielle

Back to top Go down

Post  Allanon Creel Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:30 am

Brys smiled behind his mask, "Who am I? WHO, am I? Well.. Now that you mention it that is a good question.." He scratched his head, as if pondering one of life's mysteries. "Oh, yes, now I remember! I am named Hull Glithen, Hull for short and long, Glithen for identification- for what, I have no clue!" He said, taking a bow, before Rhulad seized control of the being, switching the tone from an up-beat cordialness to a more level yet concerned tone.

"Now, you must follow immediately; no doubt the organization whose desire for a genie wouldn't simply leave it to one grunt left completely alone, and it would be best not to draw too much attention to this scene. So if you don't mind, leave morphing indulgence for another time and..." Upon speaking of plans and thinking beyond astonishment they had a Djinni the two realized, though it was more Rhulad who cared, that acting inconspicuous would prove difficult with a blue woman clad in foreign clothing tagging along. Does it really matter though? We could just fight' em all! With this...What did you say her name was again? Glaidelly? Gl-Bah, regardless, we could march through as large a patrol as we want! As Rhulad returned control to Brys, he sighed, Brother if you were to walk to a tavern right now, with this woman as she is, do you expect for all to be the same? That no one would see a woman the shade of the day skies? Get the bag out, and get her something local or large and concealing. Obeying, Brys unslung their sack and rummaged for his spare cloak, which he then tossed in the direction of the seated woman, and paced back to the cave entrance and scanned for the entourage of the man they'd killed earlier, sure they would be rushing to retrieve their summoning scroll, to see nothing different. "Well, guess the party's going to be delayed and the people originally behind your summoning are going to be late. Too bad for them I'm a terrible waiter, so we must be off now." He said in mock disappointment, strolling out of the protection of the darkness.
Allanon Creel
Allanon Creel

Back to top Go down

Post  Gladyrielle Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:34 pm

Gladyrielle caught the cloak, and bit it. (biting foreign objects was a rather terrible habit of hers). As it tasted quite horrible, she shrugged and wrapped it around her, frowning at the coarse fabric. The softest silks still felt uncomfortable to her, unused to the rougher sensations of this world. Speaking of which... Where were they? Nothing around her looked very familiar, but again, forests all looked the same.
She walked over to 'Hull for short and long, Glithen for identification', standing by a cave carved into the ruins. What was with this man, who kept switching between two funny masks? She didn't see any stage, nor did she see an audience. Crazy mortals.
As he spoke, she tried to piece together what was happening. Though the mortal world was rarely of interest to her, she liked to know what was going on, if only so she could use the information to further her dismissal. "So.... I was supposed to be summoned by others. A group, it seems," She mulled over, thinking aloud. "But you cut in. And killed a guy. Okay, cool." Glancing at the man, she continued, "But where are we going? ... Where are we now, for that matter?"
Gladyrielle
Gladyrielle

Back to top Go down

Mirror, mirror... Empty (Brys switching colour to Orange, as Yellow is simply too hard on the eyes.)

Post  Allanon Creel Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:33 am

"We are a short ways into the Deep woods, a long ways from any major city and a short walk from a tavern and lodge." Yes, where are we going, brother? I would like to point out that with a Djinni we would have a wonderful time at the tavern! In fact, should anything occur to it-..her I believe the only sensible thing then would be to go to the pub as well. Rhulad wiped at his eyes, weary at the time of Brys's constant jester-like behavior, before vaguely grasping a course of action for how to proceed. "We are going to find a good place to observe the ruins and this cave, wait for the men to arrive and hopefully if there aren't too many subdue and question them." Brys switched in and sauntered over to a place he found would offer best cover from behind and still offer a view of the two edifices in the shadows of a fallen trees roots among the soft, damp grass and checked to see how many hours of light remained to allow Rhulad to get plans figured. Brother, this place is perfect, however its so delightfully comfortable I feel I will take a nap. No! Don't drop your head you fool, get up- no, not literally, just don't sleep. This is essential, just stay here and I won't have to step in. Brys inwardly nodded, and stretched regardless of what his brother had said, though he did not sleep.
Allanon Creel
Allanon Creel

Back to top Go down

Post  Gladyrielle Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:08 pm

Trudging over to Hull, Gladyrielle inspected the cave and trees suspiciously. Hull Glithen had not answered her questions very helpfully, as she could figure they were in a deep woods rather easily. She wanted to know where they were in the world, or even if she was in the right dimension. Eh~ who cares? Gladyrielle shrugged, sitting down on the mossy forest floor. Heaven and hell were the same to her.
A cold wind blew from the north, and she wrapped her arms around her knees, scanning the forest. There was something not quite right, but she couldn't place a finger on it. The trees were green, the sky was blue- what was bugging her? She touched the ground lightly with her hand, and felt it tremble. Eyes narrowing, she sprung up, listening carefully. Something was coming. "And what if there are too many men?" She hissed, turning to Hull. In the distance, she could now hear pounding footsteps, and it sounded like a very large group.
They might get more of a welcome than they had expected.
Gladyrielle
Gladyrielle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum